23 May 2013

Speedsculpt Jawjaw


Hi guys,

It's been a while I guess.. I'm going to start a weekly post (hopefully) of some speed sculpts with a 5-6min video with the creation of the sculpt.

So this guy took me around 5 hours.. (I know it says 'speed'.. I'll need to cut it down to around 2 hours and probably lose the texture but I felt like he needed some paint!)



Here's Jawjaw. Would've probably taken me a shorter time if I had a concept but I had fun making this guy from scratch!

I took a great deal of inspiration from the Creaturebox artists Dave Guertin and Greg Baldwin, if you haven't heard of them you should take a look at some of their work. They have a huge collection of great original designs for creatures and characters and are definitely two of my favourite artists out there.

The video recording messed up a little so it starts off a little after the initial sphere, and the menu's pop in there too.. 




Well I hope you enjoy watching and check in for more!

I'm taking in requests for sculpts so anything you guys can think of whether it be an existing character or some kind of animal or creature or whatever! Comment below and let me know!

Like, comment & subscribe!


2 comments:

  1. A Robot/Something metallic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice! Will have something in the works soon! (Sorry for the late reply..)

    ReplyDelete